Creative Art for Kids was established by Sinéad O’Hanlon, whose love of art and craft has naturally lead her into working with children in this area. Sinéad believes that art, craft, and design should be an essential part of a child’s development and she hopes to develop their natural creativity through fun craft activities. These activities are designed to help build a child’s confidence, attention span, dexterity, problem-solving skills, and, of course, their sense of imagination.
Materials needed for this interactive workshop are listed below.
Inspired by sea—shell craft
• Natural materials from the sea, such as sea shells, oyster shells, muscle shells (unbroken smooth shells, no sharp edges)
• Pot of sea sand (washed)
• Piece of seaweed (washed)
• Wooden frame (without glass) – edge width at least 1.5 inches
• Small/medium canvas or heavy white card
A little bit of decoration!
• Recycled jewellery beads, pearls, flat gems
• Paint brushes
• PVA glue
• Kids-safe grout
• A sprinkle of glitter
Join Sinéad online on June 12th to find out more and participate in these fun activities. This event is pre-recorded and will be available on our Facebook page in the days proceeding Cruinniú na nÓg.
Sligo County Library Facebook Page