Enjoy this day of creativity for young people spanning literature, robotics, visual art, and Ireland’s flora and fauna heritage.
Workshops, times, locations, age groups and info:
MORNING – Robots: Children’s Literature / Technology
- 9.30am-11.30am | Robotics workshop | Community Arts Room | ages 8-12 | capacity: 20
A creative workshop in which the participants will create their own robots. In the process, they will be applying science, technology, engineering, and maths skills, demystifying the process and developing their confidence and interest in this area.
Colmac Robotics Ltd. is an Irish ed-tech startup in the field of robotics education, founded in 2013 by Castlebar natives Colmán Munnelly and Niall McCormick. The company provides a platform that allows children to learn robotics skills in a fun and stimulating environment
- 12pm-1pm | Shane Hegarty, Boot | Theatre | ages 7+ | capacity: 98
- 10.30am-1pm | Drop-in visual arts workshop | Foyer | ages 5+ | capacity: 50 (5 at a time in 15-min slots)
AFTERNOON – Visual Art / Ireland’s Flora and Fauna Heritage
- 2pm-2.30pm | Save Our Swifts interactive presentation and viewing of Linenhall Arts Centre swift boxes | ages 7+ w/ families | capacity: 98
- 3pm-4.30pm | Visual art workshop: Swifts | ages 5-6 | capacity: 10
- 2pm-4.30pm | Drop-in visual arts workshop | Foyer | ages 5+ | capacity: 50 (5 at a time in 15-min slots)