Led by some of the rising stars of the Irish urban music scene, Hip-Hop Hooray is series of hip-hop and rap music workshops which aim to unlock young people’s creativity.
Devised by the Word Up Collective, Hip-Hop Hooray brings a unique approach to education – using hip-hop and rap music to unlock young people’s creativity. Having produced a series of critically acclaimed tracks and performed at shows and festivals across the country, our artists are ready to teach others to rap in a fun and relaxed environment. In doing so, they will encourage students to explore and write about issues that are very personal to them – including mental health concerns, bullying and future hopes. Over the course of a ninety-minute workshops in advance of June 23rd, attendees will:
• Form and name their own rap crew
• Come up with signature dance moves
• Understand hip-hop slang, flow syllables and word structure
• Learn how to write to a beat
• Explore important issues and topics through lyric writing