For Cruinniú na nÓg 2021, Temple Bar Gallery + Studios studio artist Lynda Devenney invites you for a behind the scenes visit to her studio. Lynda and her family will then present a fun workshop Intentional Bodies.
See how the artist’s studio works and how it is a place to imagine and generate ideas. Then explore and experiment with making structures to expand your body with materials from home, taking inspiration from Lynda’s own work and the work of artist Rebecca Horn. Finish off making in the kitchen to see how it might feel and sound inside the body! This workshop will inspire you to see creative possibilities in your everyday world!
To participate you will require some items from each of these categories, you can surprise us with what else you come up with!
- Drawing paper and pencils or markers
- String, rubber bands or stapler
- Paper straws, pencils or wooden skewers (for structure)
- Gaffer tape, masking tape, sellotape, cable ties, glue gun – anything you have to combine materials easily (gaffer is stronger + easier)
- Bin bags, Clingfilm or food wrap (Biodegradable options available), Brown paper bags (caddy liners), Tinfoil, Baking paper
Recipe for kitchen experiment (Oobleck)
- Big bowl
- 1 1/2 cups of Cornflour
- 1 cup of water (add the water in small amounts)
- A couple of drops of food colouring (optional)
Pre-recorded studio visit and workshop. Suitable for families including children aged 7+, supervised by an adult.
Further details and information sheet available at