It’s easy to bring toys, drawings and other creations to life with Stop Motion Animation. It’s also lots of fun. In this workshop, ﬁlm-maker Jane Lee and her animated friends show you how to make a Stop Motion movie in 5 easy to follow stages, supported by Cork County Council through the Creative Ireland Programme, specially for Cruinniú na nÓg 2020.
1. Make Magic – How to get objects to move, transform or disappear
2. Make Characters – Bring your drawings, creations or household objects to life by giving them eyes and a mouth and bringing in sound eﬀects.
3. Make a scene – Ways to create a scene with background and foreground elements
4. Make it amazing – How to use your settings and editing features on Stop Motion Studio
5. Make a movie – From writing a storyboard to shooting your ﬁlm – putting it all together
You will need to install an animation app onto your phone, iPad or PC (one can use Stop Motion Studio which is free) and other useful things to have are paper, markers, scissors, blu-tack and something to make characters. You can make a character from anything: plasticene, play-dough, lego, cardboard, toilet roll inserts, drawings, found objects, toys…..
From this workshop people will learn how to make stop motion animations in 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, which can then be shared as a YouTube link. Participants are invited to share their productions by emailing email@example.com.
Click the link below to find out more.
Cork County Council Creative Ireland webpage