Explore the creative print/mark-making processes using everyday objects to create portraits (possibly self-portraits!) during this workshop on May 29th. We’ll use photos and images from magazines to create our works of art, and the finished work will be showcased through a virtual exhibition on June 12th at 2pm.
- Lino/printing inks (water or oilbased) OR acrylic paints with a water spray—can be mixed with house paint
- Print rollers (4”) OR rolling pins/bottle that you can easily roll across paper/radiator paint roller with sponge
- Print plates/palettes (acetates) OR flat glass surface you can mix/roll ink on
- Cardboard cut to approx. A5 size, covered in plastic (freezer bag/contact paper)
- Tracing paper (2 x A4 or 4 x A5)
- Image or face to trace (photo, screen, or magazine image that sits well in A5 size tracing paper)
- Craft foam sheets (2 x A5)
- Masking tape
- Paper to print images on, A4 size. Can use many types, such as cartridge/printer paper, card, brown paper, wrapping paper, water colour paper, fabriano etc.
- Paper to protect when rolling inks (any old scrap paper/newsprint)
This is one of a series of four creative workshops for children hosted by Wexford Arts Center between May 8th and 29th. You can register here. Details on the virtual exhibition to follow.
Cruinniú na nÓg Wexford