Come discover the Interactive Museum of Languages for Young Audiences (IMLYA) at North Clondalkin Library on Saturday, June 12th from 10am-4pm.
This interactive exhibition for primary school children and families is a space for play and the creation of stories. Members of the creative team will be on hand all day to facilitate drop-in activities and answer questions.
More information can be found here
- a video depicting a storytelling well/tree, which will allow children to reveal stories from other cultures and languages
- a tunnel where children can pass through different languages and alphabets
- a space to play with clay plates and the ancient languages of Persia
- a sculpture where children can play with the basics of the knotted language of Inkas
- the opportunity to experience calligraphy – the origin of Chinese writing
- wooden puzzles, which will allow children to learn about words describing colours in Irish